Coconut oil has fatty constituents that make it antifungal. Moreover, it has a lot of health-related advantages, that include maintaining hormonal balance, combating gingivitis and most importantly healing vaginal yeast infection which is possible as it has unimaginable antibacterial characteristics.
However, this condition in women can be treated with a huge number of treatments and medicines prescribed by a doctor. But, if you want a perfect home remedy, you can use Coconut oil for vulvar itching in your vagina which is considered the best solution(1).
Does Coconut oil work for a vaginal infection?
There are a few concerns that are involved when you are going to buy the right coconut oil for your treatment. Every bottle of coconut oil you see in the market is not at all pure and that is why even if you apply it in the right manner you would not get the required results.
Do not buy the oil jars with additives. Only pure coconut oil should be taken for this purpose. People who use coconut oil for maintaining their vaginal hygiene and have used it to treat their infection always suggest to understand the right application of the oil.
[Read: Use Coconut Oil for Dark Spots]
- According to what experts say, you need to first apply some coconut oil to a clean tampon and then insert it inside accurately and carefully.
- You should never try applying this in your private part if you are allergic to coconut oil, especially when you are infected. It is true that coconut oil has a great hydrating element in it as it can also be used as lube and that is why it can also fight against your vaginal dryness and itching.
- While you are undergoing this medical condition, this oil can keep you a little relieved from the irritational itching and unwanted dryness.
However, It is always better to know the right usage and application of a home remedy as coconut oil for vaginal yeast infection is not a proven one. Proven medical solutions are the best way to get rid of these kinds of conditions as coconut oil for private parts could be risky.
You can still use it in small amounts in your vagina while you are going through this medical problem if your doctor permits you but using it on a daily basis can cause inflammation and that is why using the right amount of coconut oil and applying the right formula is even more important to take care of your vaginal health.
[Read: Garlic for Yeast Infection]
How to use Coconut Oil for vaginal itching
The common techniques include
- Inserting coconut oil directly into your vagina.
- Inserting the tampon coated with a few drops of coconut oil carefully is another best option(2).
- Ensuring you high-quality, pure coconut oil.
- Wearing a pad if you try this remedy, as it could otherwise leave a mark on your clothing.
Side effects and Warnings
Coconut oil is a natural remedy for treating vaginal yeast infection and it doesn’t really come with any negatives effects, but there is one thing that everyone should keep in mind is that it is not medically proven treatment.
- Using coconut oil if you are allergic to it can be very dangerous for your infected area.
- If your infection is persistent and re-occurs in intervals, then you must stop using it.
- Don’t use coconut oil if you’ve been treating your yeast infection with other medications.
Ensure you do not overdo the process. If the condition worsens or aggravates, do consult a doctor immediately.
[Read: Coconut Oil for Oily Skin]
The fact coconut oil is great for yeast infection has been talked about over the years. However, though some women have got positive results by applying coconut oil for treatment of the vaginal infection, there hasn’t been enough evidence to support the argument that vaginal infection can be fixed with coconut oil.
Additionally, some people are allergic to this oil and using it on their most sensitive part of the body, isn’t the best idea. Consulting a medical professional before applying the oil is advised and it should not be ignored.
1. Can Consuming Coconut Oil Help to Cure Vaginal Infection?
No, consuming coconut oil orally will not help you to get rid of vaginal infection. You need to use the oil topically on the infected region using a tampon.
2. Can Coconut Water Be Used Instead of Coconut Oil?
Unfortunately, coconut water doesn’t benefit you if you use it for vaginal infection. Coconut water has a lot of benefits, but it is advised to opt it out if you are going through vaginal infection.
3. Can You Use Coconut Oil for Vaginal Itching During the Periods?
No, you should not use coconut oil during periods as it can be very harmful to the hygiene of your private parts. It is difficult to kill the germs and can infect you if you came in contact with the oil.