What does cayenne pepper do for weight loss? There are multiple benefits of cayenne pepper for weight loss. Eating Cayenne pepper containing foods can be incredibly filling. As a result, even smaller servings can make you feel full. Thus, you end up eating less and consuming fewer calories.
Additionally, It reduces appetite in people who are not used to eating spicy food(1). Cayenne pepper is also known for increasing metabolism rate within thirty minutes after consumption.
Consequently, more food is converted to energy, resulting in lesser storage. At the same time, nutrients in the body become energy. Otherwise, they may form layers of fat. Dihydrocapsiate, a carcinoid is abundant in cayenne pepper. It is a well-known metabolism booster.
- Did you know that cayenne pepper plant can grow up to four feet tall?
- Did you know that eating smaller, more frequent meals can trigger weight loss instead of weight gain?
Eating cayenne pepper results in a rise in the body’s temperature. Subsequently, the body burns more calories to cool itself down. This spiciness is due to capsaicin. Capsaicin is a phytochemical abundant in cayenne pepper.
An increase in capsaicin also reduces plaque formation in the level of antioxidants in the body. Cayenne pepper can trigger the production of these antioxidants. Moreover, Cayenne pepper suppresses the production of ghrelin – the hunger hormone(2).
How to use?
One of the most popular ways to use cayenne pepper for weight loss is to make a master cleanse. It is a juice that helps to boost weight loss.
The ingredients that are required for this cleanse are as follows:
- You need two tablespoons of fresh lime juice.
- It is recommended to use two tablespoons of grade b maple syrup. However, if honey is available, it could be a better option.
- You need one pinch of cayenne pepper. Do not use too much pepper as it can become over spicy.
- You need one cup of distilled water. The water should be warm. Warm water itself helps to increase weight loss.
- Add all the ingredients to the cup containing warm water. Then, stir the contents thoroughly to form a well-spread mixture.
- You are advised to drink slowly, as the taste could be a little rough.
- You may add essential oils, such as lavender or bergamot, to improve the aroma and efficiency of the cleanse.
There are other methods to use cayenne pepper for weight loss. Some of these are listed below.
- You may add cayenne pepper to your regular diet. One method of doing this is by adding ¼ to half a tablespoon of cayenne pepper to your juices and smoothies. The fruit juices help to nullify the intense spice of cayenne.
- Cayenne Pepper can be used I home-cooked meals. It adds a robust flavor to foods. You may add ½ to one teaspoon of cayenne pepper to your yogurt. Other options for adding cayenne pepper include salad and soups.
- Cayenne pepper capsules are available in the market. These can be bought online or usually from your nearest pharmacy.
Generally, Cayenne pepper tea is preferred for regular use. You can brew the tea using the following method:
- Take a cup of hot water. Add ¼ teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper to the bowl.
- Stir vigorously to mix the pepper well. It is recommended to stir the mixture till the pepper is completely dissolved.
- Add fresh lemon juice (around half a teaspoon) to improve the taste.
- You may steep the mixture for the best results. Cover the mug containing the hot water and cayenne pepper. You may leave the cup covered for almost ten minutes.
- Also, you may include other herbs to improve the taste and boost the effects of the tea. You may add ginger and turmeric. Both these ingredients are recommended for weight loss.
- You may add honey to sweeten the tea. Honey itself acts as a natural weight loss treatment.
- You are advised to drink slowly. Otherwise, it may cause burning of the throat.
[Read: Rice for Weight Loss]
However, cayenne pepper could have some adverse side effects too. People on medication for slow blood clotting should avoid its use.
Similarly, people on medication for high blood pressure and severe heart diseases must avoid the pepper. Cayenne pepper may result in irritation of the skin, heartburn, and bowel problems.
You are advised not to take a high dose immediately. It is recommended to consult your doctor before starting any natural cayenne pepper remedy.
It is a natural cayenne pepper for weight loss treatment. There are multiple methods of intake, which make the remedy accessible to most patients. At the same time, the solution is easily consumable.
Unlike many other solutions, cayenne pepper adds to the flavor of the food with which you are using it. Additionally, the pepper is readily available in the market, reducing the hassle of employing the treatment. Thus, cayenne pepper can be an excellent method to reduce weight.
1. How many calories does cayenne pepper burn?
A study conducted found that about half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, when mixed with food or swallowed in the form of supplementation, caused young adults to burn about 10 calories over a 4 hour period.
2. Does cayenne pepper raise blood pressure?
No, on the contrary, it helps reduce the blood pressure by opening up your blood vessels and increases the blood flow and thereby reducing the blood pressure.
3. Is cayenne pepper bad for your liver?
No, having capsaicin in controlled quantity tends to have beneficial effects on the damaged liver.