Among various means of shedding unwanted pounds from the body, cabbage soup diet has emerged as one of the simplest ways to get rid of excess body weight. It may sound strange to follow this diet. Challenging that it may seem, it has proven to be effective.
Here’s what you need to know about cabbage soup for weight loss before adopting the diet for weight loss.
Cabbage Soup for Weight Loss
Eating large quantities of cabbage can help with the reduction of body weight. Usually, a cabbage soup diet involves the consumption of cabbage soup for a few days. Dieticians recommend consuming large quantities of cabbage until the completion of the diet course.
There are some grey areas about the outcomes of this diet, though. While some believe the diet can reduce as much as 4.5 kgs in a week time, others believe it is not a suitable diet as it could lead to specific health challenges and is not sustainable in the long run.
However, continuing the course of this diet for the long term can be a taxing job. An individual is likely to regain their body weight as soon as they switch over to another diet.
[Also Read: Natural Remedies to Lose Weight]
The Necessary Steps for Detox Cabbage Soup Diet
The diet is centered on cabbage soup(1), which should be had for at least a weeks’ time. You can eat other vegetables and skimmed milk every two days.
For desirable results, it is imperative to ensure that the ingredients are mixed in proper concentration, and the right method is followed at the time of the preparation of the soup.
[Also Read: Best Diet plans for Weight Loss ]
Cabbage Soup Recipe for Weight Loss
The ingredients of this weight loss soup include two onions, peppers, and tomatoes. Other ingredients include three carrots, one cabbage head, a bunch of celery, one or two bouillon cubes, about six to eight cups of water, and a package of mushrooms.
Directions to Prepare Cabbage Soup
- Chop the vegetables into smaller pieces in the form of cubes.
- Next, take a small amount of oil in a stock pot of a larger size and heat it. After that, sauté onion cubes.
- Mix the remaining vegetable ingredients and cover it with water.
- Alternatively, you can also use a vegetable cocktail for the same purpose. If required, you can add bouillon cubes for enhancing the taste. Allow it to boil for some time.
- Allow the vegetables to simmer in medium heat for about 30-45 minutes.
- You can enhance the taste of this preparation even further by adding vegetables that are non-starchy by nature. The popular choice in this regard includes green beans or spinach. Eating the cabbage soup which is prepared using the recipe above and steps do not harm the body even if you eat them in large quantities.
- Dieticians recommend that you should eat the soup as long as you feel hungry. You can use this soup as your serving for meals daily until a week.
[Also Read: Natural Fat Burning Soups ]
Rules to Follow
Because the primary purpose of this diet is to reduce body weight as soon as possible, so ensure you avoid eating anything that has carbohydrates(2), sugar, and starch. In case you feel like making a substitution, you can take one or a couple of other foods that are low in calories.
As far as the fluid intake is concerned, you should avoid tea or coffee, which is made with milk. Water, unsweetened tea, and other beverages that are prepared without the use of sugar and artificial sweeteners can be taken while following this diet.
For each day, it is recommended that you follow the rules given below.
[Also Read: Superfoods For Weight Loss ]
Day 1: You can have fruit and cabbage soup.
Day 2: You should take more of vegetables, except for beans, corn, and peas. The idea should is to include as many leafy greens as possible to the diet.
Day 3: You should eat fruits, vegetables, and cabbage soup.
Day 4: You should only eat bananas and cabbage soup alongside skimmed milk.
Day 5: You can take a moderate amount of meat (up to 587 grams), and six fresh tomatoes. It is essential to drink at least six to eight glasses of water to ensure proper digestion.
Day 6: Focus more on vegetables, especially leafy greens. You can either take meat or fish in a moderate amount, but it is imperative not to exceed the recommended amount of meat which you can take during this diet.
Day 7: You can eat brown rice in conjunction with vegetables. Depending on your preferences, you can even take fruit juice. But it is essential to make sure the fruit juice does not contain any added sugars.
Cabbage soup diet can come in handy in lowering the excess fat, thereby helping in shedding unwanted pounds. Nutritionists have mixed opinions on the diet about its effect on the body is concerned. While there is no denying the fact that the diet can work wonders in reducing the body weight in a week time, however, it is essential to stick to the rules.
1. How Long Should I Follow the Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe for Losing My Body Weight?
The recommended duration for following this diet is seven days. Once done, you should wait for at least 15 days before beginning the course of the diet again.
2. Can I Get Back to My Regular Diet After a Week?
Though the cabbage weight loss soup diet is known to reduce almost 5 kilograms in a week time, it is possible to gain the weight back if you don’t follow a proper, low-carb diet. Kindly consult your doctor first to know more.