Black walnut is a creamy nut which is often used in cooking for its crunchy flavor. The effectiveness of black walnut nutrition is evident from the fact that it provides numerous benefits. It is highly rich in protein than any other tree nuts. It also contains a high amount of manganese, omega 3, and is a useful source of nutrients and vitamins (1).
This nut is gluten-free, which makes it even healthier. This nut is incredibly essential to protect us from several diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, neurological diseases, liver cancer, prostate cancer, etc. Black walnut also helps in lowering blood pressure and improving the levels of cholesterol (2)
1. Did you know that black walnut trees secrete juglone, which kills many herbaceous plants around the root system of the tree? It’s a natural weed killer!
2. Over 430 species of parasite can and do live on or in the human body?
Black Walnut Benefits for Parasites
Black walnut is quite effective in expelling parasites. There are many black walnut hull benefits as one of its major components is juglone. This component inhibits specific enzymes essential for metabolic function.
Therefore, it is also used as pesticides by many gardeners. This nut fights against many parasites such as ringworm, threadworm, tapeworm or pin, etc.The black walnut tincture is handy in expelling the parasites and is widely known for its antibacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Black Walnuts 2 quarts
- Good quality vodka (must be 40% alcohol)
- Glycerin 4 tablespoon
- Lemon Juice 3 tablespoon
You will also need:
- A mason jar
- A sharp knife
- Clean glass bottle
Instructions to be followed:
- Always select nuts free from maggots
- Using a sharp knife, cut the hulls off
- Now put them in vodka
- Fill the mason jar with shells and cover the pot fully with vodka
- Once the container is filled up, cover it
- Store the bottle in a place without any sunlight for about four to six weeks
- Stir the pot once every three days
- Strain the hulls
- The black walnut tincture is ready
Stored it in a clean glass bottle. 2 quarts of black walnuts yields one quart of tincture
Black walnut tincture uses are tremendous – it can be used as a parasite cleanse or to cure fungal infections such as athlete’s foot. It is advised to take 20 drops of tincture a day mixed with distilled water if you wish to expel parasites. Furthermore, to get rid of athlete’s foot, apply the right amount of tincture with the help of alcohol swab directly to the infectious area.
You can also add a dropper of tincture to warm water and soak your feet in the water for a good ten minutes to get rid of foot infection or fungus.
Black walnuts are quite healthy to consume. Here is a healthy recipe for cookies using black walnuts that is delicious yet healthy.
- Two Bananas
- Melted butter ¼ cup
- Maple syrup ¼ cup
- All-purpose flour 1 cup
- A pinch of baking soda
- A pinch of cinnamon
- Black walnuts ¼ cup
- Preheat your oven to 350° F
- Take a pan and spread parchment paper
- Take a bowl and add flour
- Add melted butter gradually to the meal and keep mixing it
- Now add bananas and maple syrup and mix thoroughly
- Now add baking soda and cinnamon and stir thoroughly to combine the mixture
- Once the mixture is combined, add walnuts
- Scoop the cookie dough on the baking pan and compress it as to make a cookie-like shape
- Bake it in a preheated oven for about twenty minutes
- Take out the baking pan, and serve the cookies
- Store the cookies in an airtight jar for up to three days
Besides, several black benefits walnuts provide, some precautions must be looked at while using them. It is recommended for people who are suffering from kidney or liver diseases to avoid black walnuts as they are rich in tannin content. High tannin content makes black walnuts unhealthy for such patients.
Black walnut is a superfood as it is high in nutritional profile and serves its consumers with several benefits. This nut is highly rich in fiber, protein, calcium, zinc, iron, phosphorus and many other minerals.
It does not only taste delicious but is also healthy. The black walnut tincture is used vastly to cure fungus, viral infections, and many such diseases.
1. How to make a black walnut tincture?
The black walnut tincture is used by putting the black walnut hulls into the vodka and storing them for about six weeks in a place that does not receive much sunlight. After six weeks, the shells are strained, and tincture is stored in a clean bottle.
2. How can black walnut tincture be used?
The black walnut tincture has many uses. It can be a treatment for an athlete’s foot. Furthermore, it helps in curing virals and skin fungus. It can be applied directly using an alcohol swab, or one can also soak his feet in warm water. Add a few drops of tincture into it.
3. What is juglone?
Juglone is one of the major components of the black walnut hull. This component hinders specific enzymes essential for metabolic function.