Are you suffering from red, inflamed skin which is dry and patchy? Instead of being soft and supple your skin seems rough? If that is the case, then closely monitor your condition as it might be eczema. Eczema is a chronic disease affecting your skin. In such a situation, rough and scaly patches develop on your skin.
These inflamed patches can appear anywhere on the surface of the skin. It is not always that your skin appears too red and painful, but those suffering from eczema will witness flare-ups at specific time intervals. The disease has no identifiable cure yet.
But you need not lose heart as numerous treatments can subside the flare-ups. Some potent natural ingredients can also help in easing your troubles of which Apple Cider Vinegar for Eczema is an excellent remedy. It can significantly assist in resolving your eczema troubles. Here you get a detailed insight into the potent properties of Apple Cider Vinegar and how does it help in easing eczema flare-ups.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Eczema
Apple Cider vinegar gets made by fermenting apples. The acidic properties of the apple cider vinegar lend it numerous benefits that make it a powerful home remedy.
It can be beneficial in treating various ailments. You can also use Apple Cider Vinegar for Eczema to alleviate your troubles of inflamed and patchy skin. In case your medical treatments are not of much help try using Apple cider vinegar and see its practical results.
Benefits of ACV for eczema
Apple Cider Vinegar has numerous benefits for the skin. See how it works to reduce the symptoms of eczema.
1. Maintains the pH level of the skin
Healthy skin is known to have a pH level of 5, but those suffering from eczema have higher pH levels. An imbalance in the skin’s pH level is one of the most probable causes of the weak skin barrier. Apple Cider Vinegar for Eczema works to strengthen the skin barrier. How? Well, Apple cider vinegar is acidic thus the application alters the pH level of skin, keeping it healthy and preventing the action of various microbes.
Apple Cider Vinegar has anti-inflammatory properties that make it an excellent choice for treating Eczema symptoms. The anti-inflammatory properties of Apple Cider Vinegar soothe the skin and cause the itchiness to subside. Often people with irritated skin tend to scratch it. Scratching may give you relief for a minute, but it further worsens the problem. To ease the itchiness, use apple cider vinegar.
3. Antimicrobial, Antiseptic and Astringent
Poor skin barrier makes our skin more prone to microbes. Using apple cider vinegar helps prevent the entry of germs in your skin. Apple Cider Vinegar has strong antimicrobial and antiseptic properties which help fight skin infections that may lead to eczema or further worsen the condition. Further, apple cider vinegar acts like an astringent. It removes oil, dirt and other impurities that may irritate your skin.
4. Source of Vitamins and Minerals
Apple cider vinegar has a high content of mineral salts and vitamins that are beneficial for healthy skin. It contains potassium that can effectively fight with allergies like eczema. Also, the presence of riboflavin and various enzymes help maintain skin health.
How to Use?
Following are some ways as for how you can use Apple Cider Vinegar for Eczema:
1. Topically Apply
Apple Cider Vinegar is known to be highly potent. Direct use of it can irritate the skin. If you have sensitive skin, then opt for diluted Apple Cider Vinegar for eczema treatment.
How to use?
- Take a small cup of apple cider vinegar and mix it in the same quantity of water. Those with too sensitive skin can further dilute the solution by adding a bowl of water more
- Take a clean cotton pad and soak it in the solution
- Apply the mixture on the affected skin area with the cotton pad
- It may sting a little, but you need not worry, as the stinging is because of the acidic nature
- Try this remedy at least two times a day for several weeks to see results.
[Read: Aloe Vera for Eczema]
2. Baking soda and Apple Cider Vinegar
Baking soda and apple cider vinegar mixture can help soothe the inflamed skin and remove the patchy scars. Here is how you can consume the solution of baking soda and apple cider vinegar for eczema scars(1).
How to use?
- Add ½ teaspoon of ACV and ¼ teaspoon of Baking soda in half a cup of water
- Stir the solution
- After that add a little honey
- Mix the solution again
- Drink this solution once a day for some time to see eczema scars fade
The primary benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar for eczema are that its anti-inflammatory properties help soothe the skin and reduce the inflammation. Further, its abundant mineral and vitamin content boost your immunity. It also helps flush out the toxins from your body.
How to use?
- Add one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of lukewarm water
- Add little honey to enhance the taste
- Drink this mixture at least three times a day to see results
- For better results drink the mixture half an hour before having your meal
4. Treat Eczema on the Scalp
Malassezia, dandruff-causing fungus usually gets associated with eczema(2). The antifungal properties of the vinegar help fight the fungus and alleviate the trouble. You can use Apple cider vinegar for eczema on the scalp in the following manner.
How to use?
- Add apple cider vinegar to water
- Apply the solution on your hair evenly after shampooing and conditioning it
- Let it sit on your hair for a few minutes
- After that rinse your hair
[Read: Essential Oils for Eczema]
5. Apple cider vinegar bath for eczema
Add Apple Cider Vinegar to your bathing water and get supple skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of the vinegar will soothe your itchy skin so that you feel much more relieved.
How to use?
- Fill your bath with water and add to it around two cups of apple cider vinegar.
- Soak in the bath-tub for thirty minutes. You need not stay in longer.
- After that, wipe yourself with a soft cotton towel.
- Apply a fragrance-free moisturizer so that your skin does not become dry.
- If your skin is too itchy, then wear loose clothes to avoid further irritation.
[Read: Oatmeal Bath for Eczema]
Eczema is a chronic skin condition that can stay with you lifelong. It not only affects you physically but takes a toll on your mental health too. However, if you employ the correct remedies, then your troubles will significantly decrease.
Apple Cider Vinegar for eczema is an excellent remedy. You can benefit from it greatly. Use it topically or consume it, what you get is beautiful skin devoid of eczema symptoms. Apple cider vinegar is undoubtedly a magical potion for you that alleviates your troubles and helps you live a normal life without any worry or embarrassment.