Are you coughing hoarsely and running out of breath at the slightest physical stress? Do you feel a throbbing pain in your throat and chest and find it challenging to talk? Are you panting and wheezing throughout the day? You might be suffering from bronchitis. Bronchitis is a respiratory disease that is marked by painful coughing fits, and breathlessness, and soreness of the throat and the chest due to the bacterial infection and inflammation of the bronchial tubes.
Apple cider vinegar can put all your pain and breathlessness to rest. Its warmth and tartness soothe the pain and inflammation, and its excellent antimicrobial properties inhibit bacterial action in the throat. Read on to find out more about how to use apple cider vinegar for bronchitis.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is a very popular and beneficial culinary vinegar that gets used to treat many ailments along with making your dishes better. You can prepare this vinegar at home with the help of fermenting fresh apple juice. The bacteria and yeast act on the sugar present in the apple juice and convert it into alcohol and then vinegar. This obtained vinegar is rich in many important acids like acetic acid and malic acid.
Reasons Why Apple Cider Vinegar Is So Apt For Bronchitis
Apple cider vinegar is a powerful bronchodilatory, decongestant(1), and anti-inflammatory properties that work together for combating against the painful symptoms of bronchitis. Some of the reasons why apple cider vinegar is good for the bronchitis cure at home are elucidated here.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar can Cures Severe Coughing, Fits and Breathlessness
Apple cider vinegar is vested with potent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which make it an excellent home remedy for bronchitis. It helps in cleansing the respiratory tract by the elimination of mucus. It provides relief from nasal congestion and chest pain caused by mucilaginous congestion of the chest and throat. The warmth of apple cider vinegar helps to soothe the irritation and pain in the throat caused by constant coughing and wheezing.
It also helps in providing relief from clogged nose and shortness of breath by thinning out and expulsion of the mucus. Drinking warm apple cider vinegar helps in providing relief against respiratory inflammation, irritation, and swelling of the bronchioles and bronchial tubes.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar can Cure the Sore Throat
The soothing nature of warm apple cider vinegar can calm the irritation, soreness, and burning sensation of the throat caused by coughing and sneezing. Drinking this solution can cure a cough and alleviate the pain and congestion of the throat. Apple cider vinegar can prevent the accumulation and hardening of phlegm and promote the quick expulsion of mucus thereby giving relief from a sore throat, clogged nostrils, chest pain, and shortness of breath.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Bronchitis?
The most effective yet simple way of using ACV for bronchitis, coughing fits, and other respiratory troubles is by consuming diluted apple cider vinegar twice or thrice a day on a daily basis. You can follow the methods and DIY recipes elucidated below for the natural treatment of bronchitis. You can also take apple cider vinegar can in the form of supplementary capsules.
Top 4 Fabulous DIY Recipes Of Apple Cider Vinegar For Bronchitis
- Ginger and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Honey and apple cider vinegar
- Green Tea and Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cayenne pepper and Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Ginger and Apple Cider Vinegar for Bronchitis
Ginger along with apple cider vinegar is a very beneficial treatment for bronchitis. The concoction prepared by combining these two ingredients is sure to help you bid a final adieu to bronchitis.
How to use?
- Set a cup of water to boil in a saucepan.
- Chop an inch-sized chunk of fresh and juicy ginger into pieces. Grind some of the slices of ginger to extract the ginger juice.
- Add a teaspoon each of the ginger juice and ginger bits to the water in the saucepan and boil for a few more minutes.
- Take the ginger tea off the flame and add 2-3 teaspoons of raw apple cider vinegar to it. Stir well to prepare an evenly dissolved solution.
- Drink the mixture twice a day, daily for the natural bronchitis treatment.
The anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune-boosting nature of ginger get enhanced by the addition of apple cider vinegar. This concoction helps in providing relief against respiratory inflammation, irritation, and swelling of the bronchioles and bronchial tubes(2).
Drink a small amount of the mixture of apple cider vinegar and ginger to make sure that your digestive system doesn’t react negatively.
2. Honey and Apple Cider Vinegar to treat Bronchitis
The consumption of a paste of apple cider vinegar and organic honey on a daily basis is good for bronchitis.
How to use?
- Dilute a teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of water to prepare a solution.
- Add a tablespoon of honey and add a tablespoon of the diluted apple cider vinegar to it.
- Drink the mixture to cure bronchitis at home.
- Do this twice a day for a few weeks to cure the coughing fits and soreness of throat.
The antibacterial and antiviral properties of organic honey get accentuated by the addition of diluted apple cider vinegar for bronchitis. The consumption of the mixture helps in the cure of inflammation and infection of the respiratory tract. It soothes the soreness and aids in relieving nasal and chest congestion by the expulsion of mucus.
3. Green Tea and Apple Cider Vinegar to treat Bronchitis
The combination of green tea and apple cider vinegar has a plethora of properties that help to fight away bronchitis from its roots.
How to use?
- Prepare a cup of plain green tea. Do not add any milk or sugar. You could also use regular black tea instead of green tea.
- Let the freshly brewed green tea simmer down for a few minutes
- Add half a teaspoon of raw apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of organic honey to the green tea.
- Drink it twice a day for a few weeks to cure the coughing fits, wheezing, and chest congestion.
Green tea contains antioxidants that aids in protecting the respiratory tract against oxidative stress. The antibacterial properties of green tea are highly beneficial for the inhibition of bacterial action and infection of the bronchioles. The consumption of the drink assists in the natural treatment of nasal clogging and discomfort in the chest due to mucus congestion.
Green tea and apple cider vinegar prevent the accumulation and hardening of phlegm and promote the quick expulsion of mucus thereby giving relief from a sore throat, clogged nostrils, chest pain, and shortness of breath.
Drinking green tea mixed with apple cider vinegar might not suit your digestive system. Drink a small amount of it so that you don’t risk any negative reactions in the body.
4. Cayenne Pepper and Apple Cider Vinegar for Bronchitis
The consumption of a mixture of apple cider vinegar and cayenne pepper on a daily basis is an unusual use of apple cider vinegar for bronchitis.
How to use?
- Take a cup of water and put it to boil in a saucepan.
- Add a 1/4th teaspoon of powdered cayenne pepper and one tablespoon of honey to the water in the saucepan and boil the contents of the pot for a few minutes more.
- Take the infusion off the flame and add a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar to the tea. Stir well to prepare a solution.
- Do this on a daily basis for the natural treatment of bronchitis and cough.
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin which helps in thinning down and expulsion of the mucus. This remedy helps in providing relief from nasal congestion and pain in the chest caused by coughing, wheezing, and accumulation of phlegm. Drinking a lukewarm solution of cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar aids in the cure of bronchitis and other respiratory disorders.
Drink a small amount of the mixture of apple cider vinegar and powdered cayenne pepper to make sure that your digestive system doesn’t negatively react to it.
Nothing feels as good as a steaming mug of apple cider vinegar. The administration of apple cider vinegar is incredibly beneficial for the cure of the different symptoms of bronchitis. The home remedies prepared by using apple cider vinegar inhibits bacterial action in the respiratory tract by the process of osmosis. Apple cider vinegar works by boosting body immunity and making the soreness and infection alleviate. However, if the pain and coughing fits persist and the disease worsens over time then visit a physician for immediate medical treatment.