If you may ask, “is aloe vera good for stretch marks?”, Aloe vera for stretch marks is rich in essential nutrients that help in getting rid of marks. The active components present in aloe vera help keep the skin cells live. Aloe vera is 90% water, so it has a lot of hydrating and soothing properties. Thee properties make it an excellent remedy for skin infections, allergies, and disfigurement, including stretch marks. The topical use of aloe vera boosts the formation of collagen. This collagen smoothens the skin and lightens the appearance of stretch marks. The antioxidant property of aloe vera enables it to boost cell growth and renew damaged cells. This cell renewal helps in lessening the appearance of stretch marks (1). Regular use of aloe vera not only lightens the stretch marks, but it also prevents recurrence of the same.
How to use Aloe vera for stretch marks?
Aloe vera has tons of benefits when it pertains to skin health. Its regular and proper use of heals scars, allergic reactions, acne, inflammation, and superficial infections. One of the methods used for this treatment is using coconut oil and aloe vera for stretch marks.
[Also Read: Natural Tips to Get Rid of Stretch Marks]
1. Aloe Vera and Coconut Oil
- Take out aloe vera gel from a freshly cut leaf.
- Blend the gel to create an even consistency.
- Take some coconut oil in a bowl and pour aloe vera gel in it.
- Mix them until they are combined. If you are having difficulty mixing them, use a blender.
- You can store this mixture for up to 10 days.
2. Aloe Vera for the Removal of Stretch Marks
- Mix two tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel with half a cup of yogurt in a blender.
- Take out the mixture in a jar.
- Refrigerate the paste for best results.
- It can be stored for up to 3-5 days
[Also Read: Top 10 Potent Essential Oils for Stretch Marks]
3. Aloe Vera Gel with Vitamin E Oil
- Take a quarter of a cup of aloe vera gel in a small container.
- Cut open 10 capsules of vitamin E and pour the contents in a bowl.
- Add the oil to the aloe vera gel.
- Mix both of them in a blender and store the mixture in a cold and dark place.
- You can also add a few lemon juice drops of rose water to this mixture.
After having prepared the Aloe vera paste of your choice
- Apply the resultant mixture onto the affected skin.
- Massage the mixture on the skin until it is adequately applied to all of the stretch marks.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes to allow the skin to absorb the treatment.
- Wash your body with lukewarm water.
- Tap it dry with a soft towel or cloth
- Avoid using any chemical-filled skin creams after this treatment.
Do this ritual daily for the best results.
You will be able to see a noticeable difference within two weeks after applying the Aloe vera for stretch marks. It has multiple skin healing properties allowing aloe vera for stretch marks to be one of the best remedies for removing marks. It also rids your skin of redness, swelling, and dark spots. Its nutrients and high water content make it an ideal choice for skin ailments. However, it may lead to itching and burning problems with the skin. Its protective layer inhibits the healing process and makes an infection worse (2). Aloe vera also has a laxative effect on your stomach, leading to uncomfortable gastrointestinal symptoms.
Aloe vera is a source of antioxidants that help in getting rid of stretch marks. Its contents keep the skin cells active. Aloe has a hydrating effect on our skin. It has also been found to increase the formation of structural proteins. All these properties make it a perfect healing agent for most skin problems. However, it has a few side effects that must be kept in mind.
It can cause itching and burning in sensitive skin. It can also lessen the effect of topical medication and the worsening of infection. Aloe vera also has a laxative effect on the stomach. This effect can cause gastrointestinal problems. So, aloe vera is an overall skin and body healing plant, but its use must be done after considering your skin condition and general body health. It is recommended to visit your doctor before starting treatment with aloe vera.
1. How Does Aloe Vera Help Stretch Marks?
Aloe vera has essential nutrients that keep the skin smooth and lighten the tone of stretch marks. Aloe vera also boosts the formation of collagen protein. This boost helps our skin to heal from any disfigurement.
2. Does Aloe Vera Have Any Adverse Effects on the Skin?
Aloe vera has a negative impact on the skin that is either infected or wounded. It can sometimes cause itching and burning sensation, but generally, it has a very soothing and healing effect on the skin.
3. How Long Will It Take for Aloe Vera to Heal Stretch Marks?
Stretch marks are scars formed by overstretching of your skin. These marks are due to cell death and protein denaturation in the skin. Healing these marks could take months; however, you will start noticing results in a few weeks.